Prince Snow Resorts Karuizawa
One hour from Tokyo by the bullet train (Shinkansen). Our ski resort has a large number of fine days, and can be enjoyed by everyone, young and old.
The weather is almost always fine, and the course layout is enjoyable for both children and adults, from beginner to advanced one.
We are equipped with 195 snow cannons and 8 snow machines, so you’ll always enjoy good conditions.
Karuizawa Prince Hotel Ski Area has a panoramic view of Mt. Asama.
As we offer Ski rental, you can enjoy winter sports easily!
The Snow Resort also has plenty to do after skiing, as well as activities those who don’t ski will enjoy.
Karuizawa Prince Hotel Ski Resort opens from 3rd November, 2018 (Saturday) to 31st March, 2019 (Sunday).
PRINCE SNOW RESORTS KARUIZAWA
Children of 6 years to 12 years of age get complimentary lift tickets.
Guests can also purchase the lift tickets of discounted rates
Courses: 10 / Lifts: 9 / Longest Course Length: 1,200 m / Average Inclination: 12 Degrees / Max. Inclination: 30 Degrees
Total Course Length: 5,910 m / Total Course Area: 60 ha /
*Snowboards are allowed on all courses.
[Important Information for all of the skiers / snowboarders]
- Do not hurt or endanger other skiers / snowboarders.
- Follow the Ski Area Rules to prevent accidents.
- In case if an accident, the situation will be handled in accordance to the Ski Area Users’ Agreement and Guidelines.
- It is not allowed to bring ski / snowboard equipment inside the Hotel Building. Also, do not walk in the hotel with your snow boots on. Please use the locker or deposit them at Hotel Cloak.
- Lift Tickets required to board lifts. Please purchase them at the lift ticket office.
- Children cannot ride a lift unless accompanied by a guardian.
- Lift tickets are not included with ski and snowboard rental sets.
- You cannot board the lift without skies or a snowboard.
- You cannot board the lift back down.
- When skiing or snowboarding, please be careful not to go too fast.
- We recommend that those skiing or snowboarding for the first time take lessons at ski school.
[Discount rates guide for Ski Resort Lift ]
(valid until March 31st, 2019)
*Children 12 years of age and under can enjoy ski free of charge.
|Ticket Type||Regular Fee||Hotel Guests Fee|
|Nov. 3rd, 2018 – Dec. 21st, 2018|
|1 Day Lift Ticket||4,700 JPY||4,200 JPY|
|4 Hour Lift Ticket||4,200 JPY||3,700 JPY|
|Dec. 22nd, 2018 – Mar. 17th, 2019|
|1 Day Lift Ticket||5,500 JPY||5,000 yen|
|4 Hour Lift Ticket||5,000 JPY||4,500 yen|
|Mar. 18th, 2019 – Mar. 31st, 2019|
|1 Day Lift Ticket||4,700 yen||4,200 yen|
|4 Hour Lift Ticket||4,200 yen||3,700 yen|
Note: Additional 500 JPY will be charged as a key card deposit fee. Deposit fee will be refunded after use.
[Night Time Fee for Ski Resort Lift ] Night Time Ticket: JPY 1,800 (no guest discount)
*Operating Period: December 22, 2018 to March 3, 2019 (Scheduled Closures: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. However, it will be open between 2019/1/1-1/3)
Operating Hours: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
*For safety, children under six must please always be accompanied by a guardian when riding the lift.
[Ski Equipment Rental: Guide to Guest Discount Rates] (As of 2018-2019)
|4 Hours||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days|
(One of (1), (2), or (3))
|Adults||4,500 yen||4,500 yen||8,500 yen||11,000 yen|
|Children||3,500 yen||3,500 yen||6,800 yen||8,800 yen|
|Ski wear (Top and Bottoms)||Adults||3,000 yen||3,500 yen||6,000 yen||7,800 yen|
|Children||2,000 yen||2,500 yen||4,200 yen||5,500 yen|
*Set Contents (Select from the below)
(1)Skis, poles, and boots (2)Snowboard and boots (3)Short skis and boots
[Rental Ski Prior Reservation]
- RITMO Snow Academy (former Okabe Tetsuya Ski School)
private lessons in English; advance booking highly recommended
Reception: West – next to the ski rental area in the locker room; East – next to the ski rental area
Please contact directly by email for reservations and other inquiries.
- Karuizawa Ski School (private lessons in English available on certain days; advance booking required)
Reception: Grand Resort Karuizawa Ski Center East – next to East High-speed lift; West – next to ski rental area
- Panda Le Mans Kids School
Panda Le Mans lessons are now available in Karuizawa for children ages 3 – 9 who are getting on skis for the very first time. Panda Le Mans uses unique equipment and teaching methods to make learning to ski or snowboard fun and easy. Lessons are available in English and Chinese .
For bookings, http://www.pandaruman.com/karuizawa/booking/